Join the festive trail at the wonderful Winterval Festival taking place in Waterford from November 17th - December 23rd, 2018. Ireland's Christmas Festival will host a variety of traditional activities with a jam-packed schedule of fun for all the family.
Watch the city as it comes to life with an enchanting trial of events which are free of charge. (Watch Video Here)
Discover the wonder of Winterval at the 3D Lightshow; enjoy the spectacle of a Viking Yuletide, soak up the magic of Santa's Grotto or take a trip on the Winterval Express, explore an amazing array at the Toy Museum and meet the reindeer at the Animal Farm.
Relax at the kids Movie Screenings, be mesmerized at the Storytelling sessions and sing along with the giant Singing Christmas Tree filled with Choirs and live music. Get your skates on at the Waterford on Ice or enjoy a peaceful Horse-drawn Sleigh Ride. If it's entertainment you are looking for there will be a host of theatre productions and lots more exciting activities.
The Winterval Festival will take over the heart of the Medieval City where beautifully decorated traditional log cabins will host an offering of the very best quality and range of goods, craft, toys and decorations. The list of events at this years Winterval goes on and on. Here's a large selection of them:
- Waterford on Ice.
- Horse-drawn Sleigh.
- Christmas Carousel.
- Helter Skelter.
- Waterford Illuminates.
- Old Man Winter.
- Creative Writing Workshop
- The Christmas Markets.
- Santa's Grotto at the Medieval Museum.
- Winterval Express Train.
- Toy Museum - large Room, City Hall.
- Storytelling at Reginald's Tower
- A Georgian Christmas at the Bishops Palace.
- Story Telling at Reginald's Tower
- City Square Snowman Competition.
- Late Night Winterval Club.
- House of Waterford Crystal Christmas Experience
- Winterval at the Theater Royal
- Winterval at Garter Lane
- The Singing Christmas Tree