What's on in Waterford
Waterford is a busy place and there's always something going on whether its Live Music, Comedy, Art Exhibitions or Theatre. With so much available you're guaranteed to find something you like.
Below is a flavour of the biggest and best events held annually in Waterford:
- Waterford Viking Marathon held end of June
- Waterford Daytripper Concerts held first week of July
- Waterford Spraoi Family Festival held August Bank Holiday Weekend
- Tramore Races August Festival. August 16th to 19th.
- Blue Grass Festival Dunmore East held end of August
- Waterford Harvest Festival held mid September
- Waterford Festival of Architecture held beginning of October
- John Dwyer Trad Weekend held middle October (Dooley's Hotel hosts a number of Events)
- Imagine Arts Festival held middle to end of October
- The Irish Ghost Story Festival held end of October
- Winterval - Ireland's Christmas Festival held end of November and right throughout December
From its vibrant city life, to the rural charm of inland towns and villages, to its stunning coastline Waterford has something for everyone. Waterford City, the oldest city in Ireland has a perfect blend of ancient and modern. Its collection of pubs, gourmet restaurants and excellent shops and boutiques, co-exist with medieval city walls, quaintly cobbled back streets and the grandeur of historical buildings still standing proud after more than a thousand years.